Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stripper Spreads Her.......Wings.





It was a historic day as Honey Bottoms, a stripper at L.A.'s famous Gentleman's Paradise Club worked her last shift after putting herself through college. "I did what I said I was going to do." Mrs. Bottoms, who's real name is Tammy Prokop, announced to a stunned throng of reporters and regular Joes who thought they had a shot at the 23 year old exotic beauty. "I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised," said strip club manager Vince Di Paglio, "you hear all the time that a girl is working here to put herself through college but you never believe it because they never quit or talk about school." In fact, Honey Bottoms is only the second stripper known to have actually used her talents with a pole to further advance her scholastic endeavors.

The other was Marlene McDohtrey, who in 1957 went on to become Poughkeepsie, New Yorks premier phlebotomist after putting herself through Poughkeepsie Regional Community College by shaking her money maker. Someone asked Honey if she was going to miss the sights and smells of the club she has called her second home for the last 4 years. "The only thing I'm gonna miss about this place is the money!" she yelled back with a tinge of victory in her voice before adding, "I'll miss my co-workers too I guess." When I asked if she'd miss the customers, she was quick to tell me just what she thought of the men who had helped put her through college. "I look at those guys as walking ATM machines, nothing more." As soon as she let her feelings be known, Jack Horner (his real name) widely regarded as Honey Bottoms number one customer, got up from his corner table and walked out into the blinding noon day sun; concerned friends and family have vowed not to give up searching until Jack is found.

The most touching moment of the day came when the two stripping anomalies met face to face. Just as the press conference was about to wrap up, Marlene McDohtrey herself appeared from behind the stained curtain dressed in her stripper outfit that she had not worn in 52 years. There was hardly a dry eye in the house as the two women hugged each other tightly, both recognizing the special bond they shared.

There was an awkward moment when someone yelled, "Let's see you two make out!" The 86year old McDohtrey seemed more than willing but her much younger counter part was a little hesitant. After settling on a quick peck on the cheek, both women disappeared behind the dirty, stained curtain together, leaving the crowd wanting more. Luckily, the next show was in 15 minutes and Candy Kanes was nervously pacing back and forth in the shadows, trying to shake off the first day jitters.

2 comments:

Chavah Kinloch said...

Hi there,

Great blog! I just started following your blog. I'd love if you would recipricate for me. www.chavahkinloch.blogspot.com .

Thanks a bunch, Chavah.

queendsheena said...

Great article. This is an uplifting story.