Monday, March 16, 2009

Lottery Winners' Girlfriend Takes Him Back.





Standing in front of the large crowd at Megabucks headquarters, lottery winner Tim Blotz says he feels like he has won two lotteries this week. "This is just the icing on the cake." Blotz said while staring into the eyes of his formerly estranged girlfriend, Carrie Stromburg. A smiling Stromburg grabbed Blotzs' hand and gave it a tender kiss as he held the giant check for 37,000,000 with his other hand. "I didn't even know he won," Mrs. Stromburg said as she looked straight down at the ground, "I was just driving by and I noticed Tims car in the parking lot. I've been wanting to take him back for about a week now...way before he won all this stupid money." she gushed. "I believe her." Blotz said, quietly choking back tears.

When someone asked about the shady looking guy standing at the back of the room, Carrie Stromburg was quick to answer, almost too quick. "That's a mechanic, he came along to listen to my car; it's making a funny noise." she blurted out between nervous bites of fingernail. "You can say goodbye to that old junker now, just tell me what you want." Blotz told her before adding, "Sorry buddy, she won't need your services any more."

As he got up and left, we were all left to ponder the meaning of the shit eating grin on the mechanics face. "It was nice to meet you! Thanks for taking the time to listen to my car." Carrie yelled at the mysterious man as he walked out into the parking lot where he lurked before cupping his hands around his eyes and peered back inside the window every so often.

When asked how he was going to celebrate his sudden good fortune, the money man looked at his newly returned girlfriend and winked before reciting the old standby "If the vans a rockin'......." To which Stromburg responded, "We'll see how it goes baby, I feel a migraine coming on."

As I was leaving lottery headquarters, I spotted the mechanic between two cars and asked him if he could take a look at my serpentine belt and tell me if it looked worn. He agreed and I popped my hood. "Let's see here." he said, reaching for my battery terminals. I asked him to stop when I saw he was obviously clueless when it came to foreign cars. At that moment the reunited couple emerged from the building hand in hand, followed by a throng of onlookers.

Before getting into separate cars, Carrie Stromburg embraced her man; while doing so she looked straight at the grease monkey and made the universal sign for "Call Me" fashioning her thumb and pinky into a hand-phone. "Love you." she mouthed softly in mystery mechanics direction. "I love you too." Tim Blotz mistakenly responded.

Love was definitely in the air.